Monday, February 9, 2009

vacation memories

I didn't mention that when Wife and I went on cruise we also included my widowed sister-in-law. She is mid-70's, but that was ok. If you have cruised then you know that three to an inside room was going to be cozy. Thanks to our agent we got a room with a hideabed rather than a bunk. Worked out great! Absolutely no problems and I was amazed by that. I had bad dreams of claustrophobia before we arrived at the ship, but all went well. It was in-laws first cruise and I think she enjoyed it a lot. As you can tell from my last post, I was rather left to myself on shore and that worked really well for all of us. Both the ladies are restricted in what they can do physically so they didn't mind my taking off. We did all share the cab ride around Cozumel (after they sated the endless thirst for shopping.) We had told adult kids that there would be no souvenirs. Then,of course, I saw this neat carved manatee at the Mayan school and had to get it for daughter. Son-in-law pretended (hope) to be insulted and left out. Had some good laughs with them.
Two youngest grandchildren stayed with us this week end. We had the usual great time. They are a huge source of enjoyment and so easy to care for. More like a week end party when they are here. I was completely bushed on Sunday night. Two days of being on the floor playing is a chore for an old fat guy. But how can you resist "Papa, would you please play cars with me?" Simple answer, you don't even pretend to resist.

No comments: