Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Mo. grandkids and parents came last week end. Wonderful time. Wife and I had kids all day Sat. They were great. Felt the effects some that night. Just from getting on floor and up etc. Side where incision is was sore sat. night. Felt pretty good Sun. Daughter took boys with her on sunday so we could rest some. Took a morning nap and felt great in PM. Levi wanted to see his cousins bad. Got a late start to E's football game. Got there and ---no game. Cussed self for not checking to make certain of location. Drove clear across town. No game. Gave up came home. Game was at the only other field in town. Should've read the calendar, or taken the phone. Oh, well, Levi and I will both survive not seeing the game or the kids.
Am still amazed at my recovery. Go to see dr. next week. Will be 6 wks post op. Swung golf club a few times in the back yard today. Felt fine. Will try to mow lawn tomorrow. Riding still seems to be biggest pain causer.
Why is it that people are called cancer survivors, but no mention is made of being cured. You aren't called a pnuemonia survivor. You get over it, you are cured. I was never as ill with this as I have been with sinus infections. Maybe I will ask my surgoen when I see him if I am cured or a survivor. Sure hope I am one or the other.
Missed racing again last Sunday. Hopefully I will start making it soon.

No comments: