Thursday, November 13, 2008

Special day

Today is my wonderful wife's birthday. When you have had as many as we have you don't make as big a deal about them as you used to. We went out for breakfast ( my favorite out meal and the best out meal to deal with Ila's diet). Then to an eye exam for me which, of course, led to ordering new glasses. We then went to the driver's licence office. She is now good to go until she is 70. No other special plans for the day.
I finished 3rd in a poker tournament last night and Ila was so sound asleep when I got home that I set up her bday present in her favorite chair (massage unit with heat--these things become more appropriate when you get old) without her even knowing I was home.
Had a great day last Sat. with the family and pictures. Later went to eat with extended family. Our two sets of grandchildren are so different. Older ones are quiet and reserved younger ones are full of expression and motion. Bri can be really funny and has a great sense of humor, but it doesn't show around us too often. Both her and Evan take some prodding to get out of shell. Not the other two. Benjamin made his "Mimi" very happy by calling for her. Ila is probably the most loving and giving person I know and it is great when that love is returned to her. She would, and does, do anything any for her family and sometimes I think we don't let her know how much we appreciate what she does for us. She truly has been the wind beneath my (our) wings. Happy birthday to her.

No comments: